Physiotherapy in Christchurch
Maree Frost Physiotherapy, Pelvic Health for men and women
Pelvic Floor Matters seminars for 2016
Maree runs a discreet pelvic floor physiotherapy practice from the consulting rooms of Urogynaecologist and Obstetrician Dr Joy Dixon in Merivale, Christchurch.
The practice was established in 2008 as a women;s health physiotherapy service. With an increasing demand for men;s pelvic health physiotherapy, Maree has extended the service to cover both men;s and women;s pelvic health.
Pelvic health issues can be disabling physically, emotionally, psychologically and socially. There can be financial burden in seeking treatment, buying products or the inability to work. Maree has extensive experience in treating a wide range of pelvic conditions and understands the impact of your pelvic dysfunction. Maree is passionate about helping people with these issues and will help you to achieve results through a thorough assessment and individual management plan.
Clinic Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
If you have pelvic health issues, the following is a list of possible symptoms you may have:
- Leaking urine when: coughing, laughing or having sexual intercourse.
- Needing to rush suddenly to the toilet and leaking urine before you get there.
- Going frequently to the toilet to pass urine.
- Pain or discomfort in the bladder region.
- A bulge and/or dragging sensation from your vagina.
- Pain on intercourse.
- Difficultly passing a bowel motion (poohs!)
- Feeling like you have not completely emptied your bowels.
- Pain or aching in the pelvic floor when sitting or after exercise.
- Pain in and around the vulva, penis/scrotum or anus/rectum
- Discomfort in the lower abdomen.
- Weak abdominal and pelvic floor muscles after having a baby.
- Pelvic pain or back pain with pregnancy.
You may have other symptoms affecting your bladder or bowel function or causing you pain in the pelvic region. Maree will be able to assess and advise you on the best course of action.
For more information on the conditions we treat and services we offer, or to book an appointment please call 033552592 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bladder issues
- Bowel issues
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pelvic Pain Issues
- Surgical (urological, gynaecological, colorectal)
How to Find Us
Address: 105 Rutland Street, St Albans, Christchurch, NZ